Monday, March 20, 2017

National History Day

In the national history day project our group did an exhibit on the Apollo 11 mission. The trifold that our group made is primarily orange (on the sides) and blue (in the middle), but it does have an image of a rocket and a moon on it. On the sides of the board we have our pictures, and in  the middle we have our worded facts and the the painting of the rocket. The trifold cover topics like the test done on the moon and the people who went there.
Me personally like the painting in the middle. I like it because I painted, and it looks pretty cool. I didn't think it was necessary too make it perfect. That  would have been very hard to draw. Plus, it just needs to get people's attention, because I don't want to compare mine to Picasso.
I would say number one would be just learning about the rocket. I mean just thinking about how big and powerful the rocket was is amazing, The rocket was so many times bigger than any car you will ever see, and just thinking about how many horsepower it would have makes me feel small. Number two is the time in which they went to the moon and back. There aren't any words for it, it's just amazing.
The hardest part of the project fro me was the citation. I simply don't get enough practice with it. I like more hand on things, like painting the board, and maybe even researching the facts. Just not the citations. And it just seems like it is too long of a process. however, if I have a refresher every now and then I'm okay with it. For example, a few months ago we had to research an epidemic and site our sources. We got a refresher, and lots, and lots of practice.
I think one way I improved as a learner is by looking at a situation from different points of view. Being in a group means that your way might not always be "the" way. I had to learn to compromise, because if you always got your way on a project it would be your project, not the groups project. It makes the project much better, and it can also take the weight of your shoulders.
Between now and history day I want to clean up the board. There are still some dirty spots from the early stages of construction. I would also like get our sources printed out and glued on the board since that is required.
I think I will be very proud of when the judge sees our board. However, since that is a ways away, I think I am most proud of what we, as a group can get done in a short amount of time (if we put our minds to it).
I think our topic relates to this years theme because, it was about going where humans aren't supposed to go. It became a very important date in the history of mankind. The Apollo 11 mission showed to the world that mankind could go to outer space. As well as when they took a step on the moon and "took a stand in history".
To end this paper, if anyone who reads this is doing a history day project, listen up. The most important step is the beginning. It can make or break a project. There are three thing you need to consider. One, what will you project be about. Two, how can it relate to the theme, and three, chose a good category for your topic. If you think about those in the beginning you will be fine. So good luck, and good by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DWA Publishing 1st Quarter

 DWA 9/7/17 I think it is okay to lie sometimes, but not all the time. It is very simple, some situations call you to lie, and other's ...